Sunday, September 08, 2013

A Penny Production

Amazingly, my friend Penny has updated my blog into a website. It all looked very technical while she was doing it, yet here I am posting just as I always  have.

Apart from the new blog, nothing much has happened, writing wise. Murder In The Dark rose to the dizzy heights of the Top Ten in Amazon's British Detectives and Women Sleuths, and when it's released in print on October 10th we hope that there will be another little surge in sales, although it does seem as if ebooks are taking over the world. Well, they're certainly taking over my royalty statements.

I have also succumbed to the lure of the iPad, which I am hoping to take to Turkey with me this week instead of the laptop. It works with the Bluetooth keyboard from my lovely new iMac (which Penny also got), but the Bluetooth keyboard is now refusing to talk to the iMac. No doubt I shall discover how to sort them out at some point. Meanwhile, having been persuaded to keep the old plug in keyboard, all is well. Penny will no doubt tell me how to resolve the problem, as she just spent hours talking me through the iPad. She is A Boon.

Meanwhile, here is a picture of me well over thirty years ago. It was posed to go with a piece I wrote, on that computer, for Which Computer magazine. (I still have the desk, but not the lamp!)

No comments: