Monday, January 28, 2019

Return to normal life...


Well, that's done. In many ways, it was the worst three months of my life, and certainly almost ruined the children's Christmas. Younger son and elder daughter (the one with two children) refused to come and see it because it had made my life such a misery. However, elder son and girlfriend did come and see it, and loved it. The cast - dragged in, some of them - delivered a very enjoyable final product. Not sure I had anything to do with it...

Now I've got to get on with the new Alexandrian story, which has rather taken a back seat, particularly over the last month when I've been out every evening and a lot of afternoons, too. Panto don't 'arf take up a lot of time... So now I can sleep well and not worry about having to make myself presentable every day, I've got to get back into routine. Over the last few weeks I discovered an illustrator called John S Goodall, who wrote (?) some delightful little pictorial books, the Edwardian series. There's Entertainments, Summer, Season and Holiday.


There's also Christmas, but I haven't bought that one yet. They've been sitting beside the Big Mac in the office waiting for me and now I've got time to take inspiration from them.

So now it's nose to the grindstone time. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Antiques And Teacups said...

Just found your FB page, and then this. Lovely! As a past actor including pants...my empathy. Makes the hols difficult but wonderful when it comes off. Lovely!
Ruth