Monday, March 23, 2009

Hurrah!

Having worried like mad about Murder in Bloom, expecting it to flop into the inbox with Rejection! stamped all over it, I've just heard from Kind Editor Bob that he's up to his neck in paperwork, but he doesn't think there's any need for major rewrites. I can now set up the Waterstones signing and anything else we've got lined up without the embarrassment of having to cancel it all because I've been dropped. Could, of course, be dropped afterwards, so I'd better get on with writing the stand-alone in the hope that Clever Agent Kate can sell it...

I've been asked to contribute a piece to Crime Time Online: http://www.crimetime.co.uk to coincide with the escape of Murder in Bloom, and, of course, I'm hoping to do some publicity for Criminal Tendencies, the charity anthology to which I've contributed: http://www.cremedelacrime.com/books.htm. Also, with advice from my friend Jenny and Clever Agent Kate, I'm going to attempt to beef up my online presence - viral marketing they call it...

As I'm writing this on the new laptop I don't have a cover picture to upload, but as soon as I'm sent a replacement I'll pop it on. Watch this space. (If you can be bothered.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So pleased he liked it - knew there would be no problem!!!

lx

Jan Jones said...

There! Doubt Ye Not in future.