Thursday, April 02, 2009

Criminal Tendencies and Support your Local High Street - not!



Criminal Tendencies has landed on my desk and will escape into the wider world any minute now. I'm proud to be part of it, and fellow mystery author Linda Regan (married to actor Brian Murphy and once a Yellowcoat in Hi!-de-Hi) and I are going on a joint publicity hunt. Look out Radio Kent.

This morning, I decided to try out my local library, which I do periodically, retiring disappointed every time. This time it was even worse. They are "upgrading services" so can't even look up a book or an author. Have they binned all the old paper systems? Where are all the old cards? Babies and bathwater springs to mind. Neither did they have ANY of the authors I was looking for, all members of either the Romantic Novelists' Association or the Crime Writers' Association. What????????

My new Co-op membership number didn't work, I couldn't buy several items I'd gone out for - in fact, the only success was taking bottles to the bottle bank. I managed that all right.

Murder in Bloom is still waiting for final edits, but I'm assured it's still on track.
So I'm currently working on the research for the stand-alone. Heigh ho.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lesley - I love the cover of Murder in Bloom and Crimal Tendancies.
lx