Sunday, October 08, 2006

Groping for Words

Not me, although I frequently grope for words, but the title of the play my son Leo was appearing in last week. By Sue Townsend and set in the 1970s, it is about a literacy teacher, her two pupils and the young caretaker of the school in which she holds her classes. There are some funny moments, but concentrates mainly on the hidden sadnesses in all their lives. Very moving in places. Son Leo, playing Kevin the caretaker, was excellent (naturally!) and provided most of the humour. V. proud Mum.

Had two rather nice experiences yesterday, too. One was an email from the man who sold me my dishwasher, who had woken me up at silly o'clock to check something, causing me to appear at the door in my (luckily opaque) nightdress, after which I dashed upstairs to put on a dressing gown. Email told me later in the day that I was still gorgeous. Wasn't that nice? Then received a kiss from someone I've known for a long time. Shocked me into the middle of next week, but hugely bolstering to my middle aged ego.

Today, however, suffering from a migraine and have a drama committee meeting this evening at the theatre. Is a migraine a good enough excuse...? While lying on the sofa recovering, I had an idea for the current book, so every cloud etc etc. Will report later in the week whether it worked.

No comments: